The heart and soul of the International Association of Torch Clubs is the local Torch Club. In the monthly meetings of the local clubs, ideas encounter each other, sometimes clash, and often explode into new patterns of thought. The local club defines it own general boundary of membership. It also determines how many members it accepts, when and where it meets, what dues are necessary for its budgetary requirements, and how its affairs are managed. The primary responsibility of Torch International is to work with local Torch Clubs on extension services related to the creation of new clubs, ongoing membership development efforts, and to provide necessary management services to the officers of the local clubs.
Although each local Torch Club is quite independent and is required to have its own bylaws, the International Association of Torch Clubs is governed by a set of bylaws and a constitution. The Bylaws of the International Association of Torch Clubs, Inc (PDF) was last amended on June 22, 2014 at the International Conference. Constitution of the International Association of Torch Clubs, Inc (PDF) is also available here.
Resource documents for local Torch Club Leaders include Administrative Assignments(PDF) and Administrative Procedures for Local Torch Clubs (PDF). These are available from the IATC office in Kalamazoo, Michigan. To order Torch supplies for your club, please contact Jim Coppinger, executive secretary at (269) 312-8026 or send email inquiry to email@example.com.
Here downloadable copies of some useful IATC forms:
- IATC Membership Application Form (PDF)
- NEW Torch Brochure (PDF) We are excited to share with you that your clubs can now order the new Torch brochure personalized with your club’s information on it. Club information that can be personalized Torch Brochure includes, Club Name, Meeting Dates and Times, contact information and much more. Contact the IATC Office by phone or email – (269) 312-8026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IATC Election Manual (PDF)
- Nomination Form for Regional Director to Serve on the IATC Board
- IATC_REGIONAL DIRECTOR_Nomination Form
- Administrative Assignments (PDF)
- Administrative Proceedures for Torch Clubs (PDF)
- Recruiting and Retaining Members (PDF)
- Club Bylaws Template (DOC)
- Delegate-Registration-Form_2017 (PDF)
Starting a New Club
Marketing Your Club
Please download our guide to promoting your club through a club website, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
How to submit a paper for publication.
Club Report Center
Local Club Secretaries are required to submit meeting reports during the Torch year. Secretaries can now submit these reports online using the new Membership Portal or by downloading a Club Report Form (PDF) and returning by mail. If you are a club officer and don’t yet have access to the new Membership Portal, please contact IATC (Jim Coppinger or Mark Dahmke) for your account credentials. The public site does not have a link to the portal for security reasons.
Online Club Store
Please visit our store at Shirts101 for club apparel.
Membership Development Fund
The International Association of Torch Clubs (IATC) provides a Membership Development Fund (MDF) to achieve the purposes and functions of Membership, namely to recruit and retain individuals, clubs and support the Regions in the IATC. The resources of the Membership Development Fund are determined and allocated annually as part of the IATC budget and approved by the Board of Directors. Unused MDF resources are not carried over into the next year’s budget. CLICK HERE to download the information and request form.
- Torch Logo_Vector (eps)
- Torch Club Logo_FINAL_COLOR (eps)
- Torch Logo_Vector (ai)
- Torch Club Logo_FINAL_GRADIENT (ai)
- Torch Club Logo_FINAL_COLOR (ai)
- Torch Club Logo_FINAL_B&W (ai)
- Torch Club Logo Color (jpeg)
- Torch Club Logo Gradient (jpeg)
- Torch Club Logo Black and White (jpeg)
- Torch Logo_Vector (pdf)
- Torch Logo Color (tiff)